It’s been two years and a few days since the first post went live on Geek & Prosper.
And there’s been a buttload of ups and downs since then.
In honor of this blog’s 2nd birthday, I wanted to go over some of the biggest highlights in Geek & Prosper’s history, as well as some of the blog’s most important numbers and stats. Most of this information might look pathetic compared to a big blog, but since I’m trying to stop comparing myself to other bloggers and their blogs, I don’t really give a shit. I’m proud of these accomplishments, and that’s that.
So without further ado, let’s dive in. Or as the 11th Doctor would say, geronimo!
- I published this site and my first post on October 28, 2014.
- My favorite post to write (so far) was this one.
- Blog subscribers have exclusive access to eight pieces of content in the Superhero League Secret Base to help them grow their businesses.
- Geek & Prosper is now the 2nd result in Google search for the term “geek business.” #seowin
- The most popular search term which brings people to this blog is “gamification apps,” which is probably why this is the most popular post on the site to date.
- Geek & Prosper has been mentioned on Fizzle.co, as well as on Otaku Journalist and In the Trenches with Tom Morkes.
- I officially launched my mentoring program on July 29, 2016.
- My first mentoring student got on The Huffington Post and just hit her monthly goal of $2000 per month in freelance income.
- 12 total posts (not actually that proud of this one…)
- 80 total comments
- 289 email subscribers as of today
- 24 professional entrepreneurs interviewed for one post
- 4 minutes average time on site per user
- 11,000+ pageviews across all pages
- 5,400+ pageviews on the blog’s most popular post alone
Now enough bragging. Time to move on to what probably sparked your interest in this post in the first place — a giveaway!
Because I’m feeling particularly generous (and because I honestly wasn’t sure for a while there that this blog would even make it to its 2nd birthday), I’m giving away a $25 Amazon gift card to one lucky reader of Geek & Prosper.
You can enter here, just by answering one question:
There’s a lot of good things ahead for this blog. I’m excited to see what kind of info and stats I can report for its 3rd birthday in 2017!